Many people think that selling your home in the winter is a bad move. Although it might not be your first choice in timing, buyers still need houses – even in the winter!
Why should you sell your home during the winter season? Simply put, inventory tends to be lower in the winter which means less competition and buyers are more serious. Use the tips below to help your home really stand out!
Winter gets a bad rep in real estate, but it can actually be a great time to sell! The key is to make your home feel warm, cozy, and bright so that buyers feel like it’s somewhere they can call home.
- Keep your pathway and entrance free from snow making it easy for buyers to get into your home. You don’t want to make it seem like it’s hard to maintain your outdoor spaces in the winter, so a clear entrance is key!
- Brighten up every room. It gets dark early in the winter, so add some ambient lighting to keep your rooms feeling light and bright. Floor lamps are your best friend!
- Make sure your space feels welcoming by keeping it nice and warm. No one wants to walk into a cold house in the dead of winter, so it’s worth spending the extra money on heating costs for your open house and showings.
- Coziness is key! Some throw blankets, nice (light!!) winter smells, and good lighting go far to make your home feel like somewhere buyers will want to stay around for a while.
- Don’t give up on curb appeal! Even though you don’t need to mow your lawn, make sure the outside of your home looks well-kept. Cleaning your windows and washing any siding can help your home look fresh and move-in ready.
- Okay, this one might be hard – keep holiday decor to a minimum. While it’s nice to help people envision where they’ll put their Christmas tree, you want the focus to be on your home, not your decor. Keep it simple for any holidays.
Want some help getting your home ready for buyers this winter? I’m here to help you sell your home for top dollar regardless of the season!